lunes, 5 de abril de 2010

Miles Young/ Ogilvy & Mather

I am the Global CEO of Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide, and I have been with Ogilvy since 1982.

Our global headquarters is in New York, and I'm glad to say it couldn't feel less like an HQ! We are unique in that we don't belong to any one region or discipline. We are a small, inter-disciplinary group that in normal times would travel a lot. I share an office with my creative partner, Tham Khai Meng, which is both very useful and great fun.

We are not primarily in the communications business. Ogilvy is in the talent business. Finding talent, encouraging talent, developing talent – that's my first role before I start to do anything else. It's something I love, all the more so because talented creative people have their own very special needs.

My favorite career highlight at Ogilvy was winning the Guinness business when I was at Ogilvy London. I was so new to the agency, and it was such an iconic piece of business, that it hardly seemed possible it could happen. Serendipitously, David had been in the building a few days before and wished us luck, so I felt the Ogilvy karma at work for the first time.

My favorite David Ogilvy quote is: "We have a habit of divine discontent with our performance. It is an antidote to smugness."

More info: La Agencia Mas Efectiva


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario